This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Vertu Lighting JLT the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively all information that you submit to Vertu Lighting JLT via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
“Vertu Lighting JLT”
means Vertu Lighting JLT of Office 4110, Floor 41, Platinum Tower, Cluster I, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, PO Box 487769, Dubai, UAE.;
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Vertu Lighting JLT and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using (www.vertulighting.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. www.vertulighting.ae) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
This Policy applies only to the actions of Vertu Lighting JLT and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- name; both Company and Personal
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and all telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, country, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Customer Classification / Type
- Comments included in any free format text within the website
Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Vertu Lighting JLT for a period of 7 Years
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to ‘Third Party Website Services’, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
Vertu Lighting JLT may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Vertu Lighting JLT. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
Vertu Lighting JLT reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.